The Old Fort Gun Club is an organization based in Fort Smith, Arkansas, with over 900 family memberships. Our goals are to support Second Amendment rights, encourage safe and efficient handling of firearms, to promote the shooting sports for people of all ages and ability, and provide a convenient and safe location for our members and guests to practice and compete with their firearms.
The Old Fort Gun Club is an affiliate club of the National Rifle Association, and NRA membership is required for membership in the Old Fort Gun Club. If you are interested in joining the Old Fort Gun Club, you can find all the information needed to join HERE. There are no additional charges for use of either range for members, and all family members under 20 years of age are included in your membership. Nominal fees are charged for competition matches, to help defray the costs associated with those activities. The Old Fort Gun Club caters to anyone who owns a firearm. From the serious competitor, to the casual plinker, to those who just need a good facility to sight in their hunting firearms, we have a place for everyone.
The Club is also a sponsor of an annual Friends of NRA Banquet, which is a fund raising activity for support of shooting activities in Arkansas.
The Old Fort Gun Club currently has two facilities. The “River Range,” located a few miles north of Barling, Arkansas, consists of approximately 35 acres. Facilities include 14 pistol bays 20 to 45 yards deep, a 100 yard rifle range, a 300 yard rifle range. A second range is located near Alma, Arkansas, and is used primarily for clays practice, but also has areas for handgun and shorter rifle ranges. All ranges are outdoors, although most have covered shooting stations.
The Old Fort Gun Club sponsors several types of organized competition. See our Organized Shooting Sports page for more information.
- Practical Pistol, under the auspices of USPSA/IPSC.
- Multi-Gun, under the auspices of USPSA and 3 Gun Nation
- Cowboy Action Shooting, as governed by SASS.
- Trap Shoot matches for those that like to bust the clays
- CMP long range high power rifle shooting.
- Steel Challenge, a sport of speed for centerfire and rimfire
- .22 Extreme which is an OFGC original sport using .22 rimfire pistol and rifle in par-timed stages with reactive steel targets.
- Smallbore Rifle and a variety of Silhouettes matches.
- We also sponsor several Youth Programs, to encourage young people ages 6-18 to safely enjoy the shooting sports.
Safety is our byword. Enjoyment of the shooting sports is our goal. We’ve been very successful at both for many, many years. We hope you will join us.
Shoot Safe, Shoot Often, and Share the Sport with Others.